Forum Discussion

yakima
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

How to return blank value in Property Transfer when no value is found

In Ready! API I run a web service and transfer the value of a field to a data sink property. However, when no value is returned in the web service, the path is passed and written to the data sink file: "<ns2:mobilePhone xsi:nil="true" xm..."

My apologies if there is a simple solution I've overlooked.

Thank you.

5 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Yakima,

Could you please post here the responses demonstrating when everything is ok and when there is no value? It will help us understand the situation better.

yakima
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for reply.

In this screenshot, I eventually want to write the mobile phone number returned in this web service to an Excel report created by a Data Sink. A value may or may not be returned by the web service. If a value is not returned, I would like to write a blank value to the report instead of the value indicated by the red arrow in the second screenshot.

Capture1.JPG

Currently the value indicated by the red arrow is what will be written to the output by the Data Sink. I would replace that with a blank, should no valid mobile phone number be returned.

Capture2.jpg

This is the value written to the Excel report by the Data Sink.

Capture3.jpg

Thanks for any assistance.

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the explanation. I’ve reproduced the same issue on my computer and reported this behavior to our R&D Team. Let’s wait for the solution from them.