Ask a Question

How to return blank value in Property Transfer when no value is found

yakima
Occasional Contributor

How to return blank value in Property Transfer when no value is found

In Ready! API I run a web service and transfer the value of a field to a data sink property. However, when no value is returned in the web service, the path is passed and written to the data sink file: "<ns2:mobilePhone xsi:nil="true" xm..."

My apologies if there is a simple solution I've overlooked.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
TanyaYatskovska
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Yakima,

Could you please post here the responses demonstrating when everything is ok and when there is no value? It will help us understand the situation better.

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya
SmartBear Community and Education Manager

yakima
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for reply.

In this screenshot, I eventually want to write the mobile phone number returned in this web service to an Excel report created by a Data Sink. A value may or may not be returned by the web service. If a value is not returned, I would like to write a blank value to the report instead of the value indicated by the red arrow in the second screenshot.

Capture1.JPG

Currently the value indicated by the red arrow is what will be written to the output by the Data Sink. I would replace that with a blank, should no valid mobile phone number be returned.

Capture2.jpg

This is the value written to the Excel report by the Data Sink.

Capture3.jpg

Thanks for any assistance.

TanyaYatskovska

Thanks for the explanation. I’ve reproduced the same issue on my computer and reported this behavior to our R&D Team. Let’s wait for the solution from them.

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya

yakima
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much.

Regards

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Yakima,

Sorry that it took me so long to get back to you.

I wanted to let you know that our R&D Team had confirmed this issue and created a report: SOAP-5128

I hope it will be fixed soon.

---------
Tanya Yatskovskaya

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: