Forum Discussion

mneiferbag
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

How to execute tests in Navigator order?

Hi all, is there any way to make testrunner.bat execute the test cases in a project in the same order that is shown in the Navigator tree?

Thanks in advance.

Markus

mneiferbag
    8 years ago

Looks like a TeamCity issue. The order# shown in the test overview for a build does not correspond to the order that is shown in the build log. I'll check this with JetBrains support. Just for the files, this is what the Ready! API documentation says about test execution order:

http://readyapi.smartbear.com/features/run/sequence/start

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Markus,

Actually, Ready! API should execute all test cases in the order you see them in Workspace. Please make sure that you are using the latest product version - v. 1.9. If you use this version, please tell us what order you see when executing tests?

mneiferbag
      Contributor

Hi Tanya,

Thank you for your rely. I'm using Ready! API 1.7.0 at this time. We're in the process of upgrading to 1.9.

I have set up a TeamCity nightly build to run testrunner.bat. When I look at the build results, I see all tests executed and I can sort tests by Order#. TeamCity docs say: "Order# - Shows the sequence in which the tests were run."

It seems that test cases are executed in the order they are defined in test suites, but test suites are not executed in the order they are defined in the project. Maybe test suites are executed in parallel?

mneiferbag
        Contributor

Looks like a TeamCity issue. The order# shown in the test overview for a build does not correspond to the order that is shown in the build log. I'll check this with JetBrains support. Just for the files, this is what the Ready! API documentation says about test execution order:

http://readyapi.smartbear.com/features/run/sequence/start