shivnath
New Contributor
6 years ago

How to connect Ready API to MainFrames?

4 Replies

richie
    Community Hero

Hi,

Can you be a little more specific in your request?  "connect ReadyAPI! to Mainframes" is a bit vague - what do you actually mean by this?  Whaht do you actually want to do with ReadyAPI! in regards to 'mainframes'?

For example - IBM mainframe is supported by DB2 database.  ReadyAPI! has two DB2 connection strings setup in the JDBC preferences (obviously you'll need to pick up the relevant .jar files for the connections themselves I wouldve thought).

Cheers,

richie

shivnath
      New Contributor

Hi,

I would like to validate the XML Response fields with Mainframe screens from the groovy script and as of now  I am using TTWin4 software to connect to the Mainframe DB2 for manual comparison/verification with the XML response.

So I need to login to TTWIN4 and navigate to corresponding Mainframe screen( Green Screen) and fetch the corresponding field names and values.

Thanks,

Shivnath M

richie
        Community Hero
        Hey,

Ttwin4 is a terminal emulator that supports connecting to mainframes/minicomputers...right?

Youre talking about capturing the xml. Why are you thinking of soapui/readyapi!?

This would require a front end capture playback tool....this isnt something soapui does.

Can you expand why you think you need soapui?

Cheers,

Rich