Forum Discussion

CByler
Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

How to change the "Resource" path for a Cloned Test Suite

So, I currently have several Test Suites pointed to a Resource path that ends in /v1/Transactions. I now have to create new test suites that provide all the same test cases but instead of pointing to the resource of /v1/Transactions, they need to point to /v1/TransactionsValidation

So, I cloned one of the Test Suites that has a test step which points to the resource of /v1/Transactions. All input parameters will remain the same, but I can't see a way to change just the Resource path to /v1/TransactionsValidation

These are POSTS to a Rest service

• Hey CByler,

The reason why you cant change the resource in the teststeps is because the teststep is a child record of the REST API you defined previously.

Essentially in ReadyAPI or SoapUI, you create the api (which is the parent) and then you subsequently create the child teststep record (which sources all the info needed - i.e. full URL including path, query, matrix, and header parms if set, along with the authentication/authorisation and payload if present).

If you want to change the resource, you need to go back to the api and update it there, the change will then be reflected in your teststep.

Cheers,

Rich

1 Reply

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey CByler,

The reason why you cant change the resource in the teststeps is because the teststep is a child record of the REST API you defined previously.

Essentially in ReadyAPI or SoapUI, you create the api (which is the parent) and then you subsequently create the child teststep record (which sources all the info needed - i.e. full URL including path, query, matrix, and header parms if set, along with the authentication/authorisation and payload if present).

If you want to change the resource, you need to go back to the api and update it there, the change will then be reflected in your teststep.

Cheers,

Rich