Forum Discussion

charlesfradley
Contributor
8 years ago

How to change common endpoint used by large number of test cases ?

I have a large number of test cases, dozens, which were written to exercise a set of APIs on a development server.

Those APIs have now been migrated to a QA server with a different endpoint  root url.

I need to re-run all the Ready API test cases against the cloned APIs on the new QA server.   The behavior of the APIs o nthe two servers hsould be identical.

I have attempted to repoint the APIs, resources and methods on the ReadyAPI project to point to the new endpoint URL.  I have found this to be an extremely tedious and labor intensive process.

It appear that I have to manually edit every single API, Resource, Method, Test Step and Test case, to make them point ot the new server.  There are dozens of them, perhaps a hundred.    This is taking me forever.....

Am I missing something ?  Is there an easier way to do this ?

Is there perhaps a utility or service where I can simply enter the new endpoint URL once, and then all the resources, methods and test steps are automatically updated ?

Thanks,

Charles R.

5 Replies

• Hi, you could use notepad++ to edit the soapui project and change it that way. Make sure you make a backup first.

This is the easiest way. In my testprojects I use properties and apply them to the interface and every soap call I maken en have it combined with the environment option. Changing an endpoint is than very easy.

With kind regards,

Ed van Asseldonk

charlesfradley
      Contributor

Thanks, I appreciate the tip using and editor to edit the project file.

Can you provide more details about how you use properties to deal with this ?

Thanks,

CFR.

Radford
        Super Contributor

Have a look at the Ready API Environments functionality. I believe that this is what you are after, built in functionality to allow you to switch between different environments that you configure.

Once you set up them up, each environment can have its own SOAP and REST endpoints, plus you can configure JDBC connections and project level variables per environment as well. You can then switch between environments via the GUI or the -E command line parameter if using the TestRunner.bat file.