Forum Discussion

Regular Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

How to Execute Test Cases parallel

There is over 100 Test case in the Testsuite, how can it execute all in one go/parallel 

You asked the question, how to run the tests parallel and it got the answer.

IMO, it should be closed.

Now linking new question. Request you to open a new thread with complete details. Like I pointed earlier, both the test design and server should support parallel execution. Otherwise, things donot work.

9 Replies

Regular Contributor

I am running Testsuite using command line 

vijayk1
    Occasional Contributor

use below groovy in Setup Script for your testsuite (use SEQUENTIAL for sequential)

import com.eviware.soapui.model.testsuite.TestSuite.TestSuiteRunType
    testSuite.setRunType(TestSuiteRunType.PARALLEL )
    log.info testSuite.getRunType()

If you want your testsuites to be executed parallel use below groovy in Project->Setup Script

project.setRunType(TestSuite.TestSuiteRunType.PARALLEL )

log.info project.getRunType()

richie
      Community Hero

Hey,

as rao said - does the parallel button (set as sequential by default) (available on both project and testsuite level) not suffice?

Cheers,

richie

Regular Contributor

when i running this as a testsuite/project level i designed my framework like 1) LibTestsuite 2) Testcasessuite

testcases are executing parallel but library test suite is also running parallel so...data is confusing and test cases are failing 

nmrao
        Champion Level 3

You asked the question, how to run the tests parallel and it got the answer.

IMO, it should be closed.

Now linking new question. Request you to open a new thread with complete details. Like I pointed earlier, both the test design and server should support parallel execution. Otherwise, things donot work.
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

According to my knowledge, SoapUI does not support parallel tests execution.

The possible option is to use complimentary LoadUI tool (https://smartbear.com/product/ready-api/loadui/overview/) and create a load test for 100 virtual users each of which will execute one test.

Update: As per the followup replies parallel execution is possible. Sorry for incorrect reply.

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Hope this is answered and closed. Correct? Got chance to try the solutions provided? Appreciate if you can mark it appropriately.