Forum Discussion

marge
New Contributor
8 years ago

Hosting floating license server for SoapUI NG Pro on the Internet

We have to equip several distributed teams with licenses for SoapUI NG Pro. Floating licenses seem to be the ideal solution because only a small part of the overall users will be using SoapUI at a time but the users / teams will change often.

The teams don't share a common network except of the Internet.

Because of this we think of installing the license server on the Internet but then how to ensure that not anyone is able to use our licenses ? I have seen no way to provide credentials or certificates while connecting to the license server.

2 Replies

marge
    New Contributor

Hello Tanya,

thanks to the pointer. As we have not set this up yet I can't try it in practice and I can not judge from the manual how the "authentication" would look like. 

Using the IP address will be difficult because all users of a site (there can be many) will be using the same public ipv4 address and as we are located in Germany this ipv4 address will change each day. So we would have two problems: all users of a site would be using the same address and that address would have to be updated every day (which is a tedious task and difficult because we don't know the address beforehand)