Forum Discussion

portalaxles
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Getting results when using TestEngine as a container? ...

We use ReadyAPI stand-alone, and are going down the path of using TestEngine to run tests as part of our CI/CD pipeline.

I see that TestEngine when running continuously has a web interface where I think you can see results. But how is this handled when using it as a container that instantiates when needed and then goes-away when the tests are complete? How do you see results?

Thanks very much in advance.

3 Replies

• Hi,

I imagine this is in use with automation like CI/CD. Would you like the results sent back to the CICD system? Or possibly a Test Management system? 

In any way, we can export logs to a relative location where the system wants to absorb it. Or through the use of API calls we could send the results where we would like it. 

portalaxles
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks very much, mattb.  Yes, this would be part of a CI/CD system. I'm trying to get my hands around what I'll need and what the loose ends are. With ReadyAPI I see the results in the app and in the .xls we use for data. I wasn't sure how TestEngine in a container handled this.

Can you share links to any more of the solutions you refer to? Thanks again!