Forum Discussion

mlipanje
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Get report directory in groovy code

Is it possible to retrieve current report directory in groovy code? 

I set report dir through CLI (parameter -f%reportdir%) and I'd like to save files to that directory in groovy code.

Thanks for your help

Regards.

• Hello mlipanje

After some considerable looking, I could not find the simple solution... 😞

The work around could be to use a project parameter as a proxy for the report dir you have defined...  In addition to -f parameter, include a -P parameter and reference that in your groovy code.

CLI would have additional parameter...

...  -P"outputDirectory=%reportdir%-f%reportdir%   ...

Then in groovy code where you need to reference the location to save files to...

def projectoutputDirectory = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.getPropertyValue( "outputDirectory" );
    log.info "projectoutputDirectory=$projectoutputDirectory";    // the directory you defined for -f and -P parameter

Hope that can help.

Regards,

Todd

3 Replies

TNeuschwanger
    Champion Level 2

Hello mlipanje

After some considerable looking, I could not find the simple solution... 😞

The work around could be to use a project parameter as a proxy for the report dir you have defined...  In addition to -f parameter, include a -P parameter and reference that in your groovy code.

CLI would have additional parameter...

...  -P"outputDirectory=%reportdir%-f%reportdir%   ...

Then in groovy code where you need to reference the location to save files to...

def projectoutputDirectory = testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.getPropertyValue( "outputDirectory" );
    log.info "projectoutputDirectory=$projectoutputDirectory";    // the directory you defined for -f and -P parameter

Hope that can help.

Regards,

Todd