Forum Discussion

SunilVadapalli
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

End points are greyed out for imported composite and packed projects while using Ready API 3.10.0

Hi team,

End points are greyed out for imported composite and packed projects while using Ready API 3.10.0.This is not happening with 3.8.1 version.Can you please look into it.

Thanks,

V V Sunil Kumar

mattb
    3 years ago

Hi,

This is because you have your environment set in IQA, the environment sets the endpoint. If you change the environment to default environment, you could manipulate it. Or add/edit the environment with the correct endpoint. 
    bb.png

Best,
    Matt

6 Replies

• Hi,

After you click on a grayed out project, does it give you the option to open the project in the workspace? 

After I click on my grayed out project, the UI says "The project is closed" and an icon below to Open Project.

SunilVadapalli
      New Contributor
      • Verified but not worked.We are getting "An incorrect end point  is Specified for the request "and also same in raw request
        richie
        Community Hero
        Hey SunilVadapalli

If im understanding your issue correctly, the greying/disabling of the endpoint field is correct behaviour.
        You are viewing teststep in your screenshot. You cant edit the endpoint of a teststep. If you need to alter the endpoint for a teststep you need to edit the field on the request within the service.

What i mean by this is that a teststep can be considered a child record of the parent service (the api) record and if you think about it for other things (db records, etc.), you cant typically edit a child record, you need to edit the parent and then these changes are reflected dynamically within the child record.

This is the same for teststep records within ReadyAPI

Cheers,

Rich