Forum Discussion

KristofCr
Occasional Visitor
3 years ago

ERROR: Couldn't parse the format of the definition at file: When uploading YAML file

When I upload a YAML file, I get the following error message:

"ERROR: Couldn't parse the format of the definition at file:"

Could it be related to the fact that I am on a trial license? My colleagues can easily load the same file without an issue.

The only difference is that they are using the full licensed version and I am not.

Kind regards,

Kristof

4 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey KristofCr,

Are you absolutely sure youre using identical .yaml files to your colleagues?

Are you sure your trial version is the same version as the licensed instances of readyapi?

Aa far as im aware the trial version is fully functional for the period of the trial....there isnt any functionalitu disabled during the trial, so id double check the versioning across the readyapi instances (trial and licensed) as well.as checking the version of .yaml file.

Ta

Rich
      sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for the suggestion, Richie!

KristofCr were you able to solve this? Please share your progress with the Community.

aaronpliu
    Frequent Contributor

KristofCr ,

Actually no different between trial / licensed.

you may try to load the same yaml file to check. to make sure you all get the same source file without compress or transfer via email or others change.

yaml (or swagger) should be compliance with OpenAPI spec (OAS). If possible, you can take advantage of diff tool to compare 2 files. Usually it is file broken for such issue.

Thanks,

/Aaron

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thanks, Community!

KristofCr did the replies help you solve the issue?