Forum Discussion

autocinsay
New Contributor
13 years ago

Downloding Only Certain Resources

I'm trying to create a simple soapUI test for a website and I understand that I can activate the checkbox to enable "Download Resources". However, I just want to download the image files (which we are hosting with the webpage) and I don't want to download any external resources (i.e. videos hosted on Amazon S3). Is there a config item for this type of thing, or would I need to break out into a Groovy script?

Also, when resources are downloaded, are they saved on the files system just for the duration of the test, or do the artifacts stick around after test completion?

Further, if I run a test more than once, will the downloaded resources overwrite each other during each respective run, or will there be files continually added to the file system.

Thanks!
-Stephen

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

No, unfortunately it's all or nothing, so you'll have to use Groovy scripting to achieve this.

Regards,
    Dain
    SmartBear Software
    autocinsay
    New Contributor
    Thanks for the info.

How about the other two questions I asked? Any ideas?

I'm wanting to create a SoapUI test that will download resources in parallel. I understand this is do-able at the Test Level, but not at the Test Step Level. However, LoadUI only loads testcase level, so I'm not sure how I could create a SoapUI test that will download teh resources in parallel and turn that easily into a LoadUI test.

Thanks,
    Stephen
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

The resources will be temporarily stored, and shown in the Attachments tab of the response. There is a button there to export the attachments to files as well. Once a new request is sent though, the old attachments are discarded.

Regards,
    Dain
    SmartBear Software