Forum Discussion

mailanu22
New Contributor
13 years ago

Datasource in loadtest in soapui- help please

I am trying to convert a soapui functional test into a load test. The functional test has a datasource, a webservice request and a loop. The data source is generated via groovy script and it has 2 rows.
When I convert this test into a load test, I performed the following actions
1. Set the shared flag in the datasource
2. Disabled the data source loop ( because I want 2 threads to run parallely with 2 rows of data from the datasource)
Load test settings:

I set the number of threads to 2 and the limit to 2 Total runs. I want the 2 threads to take 2 rows of data in the data source and run it parallel. But when I did this I saw that both the threads pick up the same data. Only first row of the datasource was used by both the threads and the second row was not used at all.

Can you please let me know where the issue is?
Appreciate any help on this

6 Replies

mailanu22
    New Contributor
    I tried using a datasource with grid option and it worked.
    Do i need to make sure of anything while using a groovy script with datasource?
    Can you please help me?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

This is known [LUCO-2398]. We'll look at this starting tonight and let you know when it's fixed.

Regards

Henrik
    SmartBear Software
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

there is a potential fix for this in the latest nightly build - can you give that a try and let us know how it works!?

Thanks in advance!

regards,

/Ole
    SmartBear Software
  • Hi,

Do you know if this is fixed? I have just experienced the same problem.

Thanks
  • jsloan wrote:
    Hi,

Do you know if this is fixed? I have just experienced the same problem.

Thanks

It's fixed. Which version are you running?
    Hflower
    Occasional Contributor
    I've got a soapUI Runner running a Test Case with 3 steps,
    1. File Datasource
    2. GET Rest request
    3. DataSource Loop

My datasource has 16 records which are used as parameters for the REST request as a search field

I'd like to run this Test Case repeatedly in a loop for a couple of hours, but only 16 VUs get to make a valid request when I pipe the output to the Table Log widget.

I've tried playing with the Flow Loop widget but it just appears to multiply the requests sent to the soapUI Runner not restrict it to 16 VUs at a time.

I might be piping them incorrectly

I'm using LoadUI 2.5.1

thanks