Forum Discussion

drichins
Frequent Visitor
6 years ago

Database configuration error: time zone property

I'm trying to set up a connection to MySQL database in ReadyAPI. I installed the MySQL driver per the instructions here. Now I get the following error when testing the connection:

Can't get the Connection for specified properties; java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value 'MDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.

I can't configure the server to change the time zone (it's fixed by another team). 

How can I fix this?

1 Reply

• See if this helps

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26515700/mysql-jdbc-driver-5-1-33-time-zone-issue/44720416#44720416

drichins wrote:

I'm trying to set up a connection to MySQL database in ReadyAPI. I installed the MySQL driver per the instructions here. Now I get the following error when testing the connection:

Can't get the Connection for specified properties; java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value 'MDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.

I can't configure the server to change the time zone (it's fixed by another team). 

How can I fix this?