Forum Discussion

dag1976
Established Member
4 years ago
Solved

DataSource and JDBC connection

Hello,

I have created a Database connection using my mysql.jdbc.driver.  It is imported into right location.  Properties were added and I get successful connection from database configuration screen.  However, when I add DataSource in my test, pick DataSource:JDBC and under connection dropdown, I select my database that I created connection for and hit TestConnection, I get Failed to initialize the connection that uses the [sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver] driver.  This is not the driver that is set in my database connection.  Why is it picking this one?

Thanks,

D

• Thank you for willing to help Richie!

dag1976 I see that you replied straight to the email notification, this way your reply won't reach the forums.

I'll copy it here, please answer inside the Community next time ğŸ™‚

>>

Hi Rich,
    I just figured out what the issue was. I removed user and password from my connection string template for jdbc driver and added them along with other stuff to properties section.
    This resolved the issue for me.
    I appreciate you reaching out.
    -D

<<

2 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey dag1976

I'll try and reproduce. What version of readyapi! are you using?

Also, have you more than 1 db connection configured in your project?

Ta

Rich
      sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for willing to help Richie!

dag1976 I see that you replied straight to the email notification, this way your reply won't reach the forums.

I'll copy it here, please answer inside the Community next time ğŸ™‚

>>

Hi Rich,
      I just figured out what the issue was. I removed user and password from my connection string template for jdbc driver and added them along with other stuff to properties section.
      This resolved the issue for me.
      I appreciate you reaching out.
      -D

<<