Ask a Question

Creation of SOAP message does not put elements in proper sequence of complex typ

Arthur_Munro
New Contributor

Creation of SOAP message does not put elements in proper sequence of complex typ

Creation of SOAP message does not put elements in proper sequence of complex type.

Create a soap request from sample wsdl and resulting message has elements in the wrong order.

Example

co-relation ID

must provide this and be unique for product per GID

results in

USD
              ?
              ?<
              bpm:MultimediaTextOverlay>?

?

?
                  ?
                  ?
                  ?
                  ?                  >?
                  ?
                  ?
                  ?
                  ??

?

?
                  ?
                  ?
                  ?
                  ?
                  ?
                  ?
                  ?
                  ?

?
              ?
              ?
              ?
              ?

notice the order is incorrect

should be...

String
String
String
String
String
String
String
String
String
String
String

String
String
String
String
String
String
String
String
Available
String
String
String
String
3 River Wireless@sms.3rivers.net

String
String
String
String
String
Available
String
String
String
String
3 River Wireless@sms.3rivers.net
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Creation of SOAP message does not put elements in proper sequence of complex typ

Hi!

hmm... how exactly are you creating the request? From within the form-editor?

regards!

/Ole
eviware.com

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Arthur_Munro
New Contributor

Re: Creation of SOAP message does not put elements in proper sequence of complex typ

I add new project via WSDL endpoint (URL) and that creates the sample SOAP message.  Then I complete the data in the form view and then view the raw xml and see the order has changed.  Even if I fix up the xml ito the proper order in raw xml then do form again the order changes.

Now something that is wierd .. it always results in the same re-ordering.

I can provide a  sample endpoint for your testing if necessary

thanks,
Art
Gerrit_Lenting
New Contributor

Re: Creation of SOAP message does not put elements in proper

We have the same problem here.

In SOAPui pro the form editor mixes up elements. (it puts them in the wrong order) It appears to be always one element down when you remove add optional elements.
According support this is going to be fixed in 3.6.1

Dick
Gerrit_Lenting
New Contributor

Hello Support,

We are looking into renewing our license. However this bug should then be fixed can this be confirmed?

Best regards,

Dick

Hi Dick,

can you share your WSDL with us so we can dig into this?

regards,

/Ole
eviware.com

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
TEXAS_COMPTROLL_1
Occasional Contributor

We have also had this problem for almost a year. I tried the beta 4 version and the problem is still there.

The symptoms are that adding elements in the form view does not add them in the schema order. You have to manually go to the xml view and cut and paste to get it in the correct order.

This defeats the whole purpose of buying the Pro version for us, since it is being used by business users who don't know how to edit xml and want to use the form view. I'm not sure why there haven't been more reports of this, since it seems to be a pretty serious problem.

Here is an example of the type of sequence that will not be conformed to:

<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" name="TXCommonData" type="TXCommonType"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="Form05-102" type="TXFranchisePubInfoReportCType"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="Form05-158A" type="TXFranchiseTaxReportACType"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="Form05-158B" type="TXFranchiseTaxReportBCType"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="Form05-160" type="TXCreditsSummaryScheduleCType"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="Form05-163" type="TXFranchiseNoTaxDueReportCType"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="Form05-164" type="TXFranchiseExtRequestCType"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="Form05-165" type="TXFranchiseExtAffilListCType"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="Form05-166" type="TXFranchiseAffiliatesScheCType"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="Form05-167" type="TXOwnershipInfoReportCType"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="0" name="Form05-169" type="TXFranchiseTaxReportEZCType"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="Form05-175" type="TXFranchiseTieredParReprtCType"/>

I've noticed also that the form view displays elements in the order according to the schema, not the order of the actual xml. So its confusing, because everything looks good in the form view, but when you look at the actual xml, it is out of order. This requires a technical person to go in and edit xml for many test cases.

Hi,

we are very much aware of the issue, this is planned to be fixed in the final 4.0 release. Can you provide us with your WSDL also so we have some more cases to use for verification?

regards!

/Ole
eviware.com

TEXAS_COMPTROLL_1
Occasional Contributor

Please see attached WSDL/schemas.

You should be able to duplicate the issue by importing into SoapUI and using the form view to add forms. Then look at the generated XML in xml view.

Let me know if i can be of further help.

Hi,

thanks for this!

regards,

/Ole
eviware.com

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: