Forum Discussion

Logica_Norway
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Configuring the Delay

Hi,

I am running a load test with 1 webservice request (WS1). I wanted to configure the test such a way so that I can control the request generation at every 2 seconds time interval. I tried mentioning the delay in the load test and even by adding a delay step after the request step with the required delay. and loaded the system with 5 threads. In both the the cases the system is waiting for specified amount of time (mentioned in delay) and all the 5 requests are generated at the same time instead of hitting 1 request every 2 (as configured in the delay) seconds. Please let me k now how to configure the system for generating a single request every 2 seconds.

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

Hm....Add delay step before request and groovy script before delay step. Define property in TC delay and in delay step set delay value as property expansion. In groovy step based on context.ThreadIndex set value for TC property delay.

Let me know does this helps you,
    robert
    Logica_Norway
    Occasional Contributor
    I have tried working on this but nothing as such worked out. It would be great if you could send some examples for this.

Regards,
    KK
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    A LoadTest is meant for testing multiple simulanteous testCases, you might have better luck using a loop with a delay step and a request that will execute 5 times.