Forum Discussion

dhavalunalket
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Can we connect to Dynamo database and Amazon Web Service from Ready API?

TNeuschwanger
    6 years ago

Hello,

--- Assuming you are on a Windows PC ---

That error tells me that the AWS JAR file from the SDK is not in the place it is supposed to be (ReadyAPI has not recognized it).  Double check where you put it if you followed my instructions up above.  Here are the most detailed instructions I can give.  

Step 1.  Download AWS Java SDK - it is a zip file found at "https://sdk-for-java.amazonwebservices.com/latest/aws-java-sdk.zip" (note: just in the few days of this thread, AWS has already updated the SDK.  It was version 1.11.428 when we started.  It is now 1.11.431)

Step 2.  Unzip it to where ever you want, except for anywhere on your path or the SmartBear software installation areas.  A temp/trash/junk folder would be ideal.

Step 3.  Save anything you need and close all running instances of ReadyAPI/SoapUIPro

Step 4.  Delete any file that contains the letters 'aws' in the .lib folder of your ReadyAPI installation location (there should only be one or two files to delete).  Mine is located at 'C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.4.0\lib\'.

Step 5.  There will be a .lib folder contained in the created extract location of your unzip of the downloaded AWS Java SDK zip file. 

Copy the file named 'aws-java-sdk-1.11.428.jar'

to the installation .lib folder of your ReadyAPI installation location.  Mine is:

'C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.4.0\lib'

Step 6.  Restart ReadyAPI/SoapUI Pro

Step 7.  Try your groovy test step that contains the code that gave you the error.  The error should be gone if ReadyAPI/SoapUI Pro has recognized the file.

That is all the farther I can take you my friend.  That is how I made my AWS SDK work on my Windows computer running ReadyAPI-2.x.x

Regards