nishantna
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
New Idea

Parallel Execution of Projects

I have gone through scripts for parallel execution of suites or cases, but couldn't find scripts for parallel execution of projects. The script that i am going to share does the parallel execution of projects. One needs to place it as one of the test steps of a test case of a project.

import com.eviware.soapui.model.propertyexpansion.DefaultPropertyExpansionContext
def project1=testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.workspace.projects["Project1 Name"]
def project2=testRunner.testCase.testSuite.project.workspace.projects["Project2 Name"]
DefaultPropertyExpansionContext con1=new DefaultPropertyExpansionContext(project1)
DefaultPropertyExpansionContext con2=new DefaultPropertyExpansionContext(project2)
project1.run(con1,true)
project2.run(con2,true)

5 Comments

• Hi!

There are features in the GUI for parallel execution, but you want specific support for Groovy Parallel execution?

parralel-tescase-execution.png

/niclas

nishantna
    Occasional Contributor

I agree with you that one can parallely execute test cases and test suites from GUI, but as far as parallel execution of projects is concerned i couldn't find any. Using this script as a test step in any one project, one can parallely execute any number of projects.

• Hmmm, interesting. I need to think of the consequences. So basically we want to be able to refer to and access projects in parallell. And I assume you just mean the SoapUI NG tests, and not the LoadUI NG tests as well?

The testrunner (which requires a separate license grant you) does not execute entire projects as well.., and there's no parrallelism....

nishantna
    Occasional Contributor

Do you mean that i am in the wrong impression of parallel execution of projects through the groovy script test step that i shared?

I tried to do it using testRunner.batch file but it lead to deactivation of the license, so i chose to do it through groovy script test step.

I am concerned with SoapUI NG tests only and not LoadUI NG tests.