AAB
Regular Contributor
5 years ago
New Idea

Make UTF-8 default encoding in ReadyAPI

As of (I think V3.0) the encoding is put on (I asume) ANSI by default, as all groovy scripts are writing ansi textfiles.

I don't know about y'all but in Belgium we mostly (understand 90% of the time) use UTF-8 encoding for textfiles as we program in english but with data in different languages. That's why UTF-8 is more aquanted with 'umlaut' characters, ' é - à - è- etc....'. This is unicoding. ANSI is more limited in strange characters.

It was so before, why has it changed? I have to think about it on each new update version of ReadyAPI as well as installing the integrations again and changing the performances for logins again..... 

Propositions:

1) Make sure that each update doesn't mess with the ReadyAPI configuration of the user

2) embed the UTF-8 encoding again in your versions by default.

3) If you really don't want to humor me, then at least after new update of a new version give a warning that this change needs to be done for all the persons who needs to code in UTF-8. Maybe with a link to an explanation page on SmartBear website on how to do so. (adding that line in the Readyapi.vmoptions)

Thanks in advance

No CommentsBe the first to comment