Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

specify name of custom teststep at creation

SOLVED
breitenm
Occasional Visitor

specify name of custom teststep at creation

Hello,

I have followed the small sample on how to create a custom test step: http://readyapi.smartbear.com/dev/annotations/objects/teststep. When I right click on a test case, I can add my custom test step via the "Add Step" option and a pop up shows up: "Add Step, Specify name for new step". My problem is that it ignores the name I enter in this pop up for the new test step and simply names it as the name specified in class annotation @PluginTestStep (seems it is not passed via the TestStepConfig object to the constructor of my new TestStep). The test step can be renamed later on, but how to name the test step with the name specified in the pop up directly at the creation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vyacheslav
Staff

Re: specify name of custom teststep at creation

You absolutely right, default value from the annotation is used instead of the actual name. The issue will be fixed as soon as possible. Unfortunately a workaround for the issue doesn't exist.

Vyacheslav, software developer in the Ready! API team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vyacheslav
Staff

You absolutely right, default value from the annotation is used instead of the actual name. The issue will be fixed as soon as possible. Unfortunately a workaround for the issue doesn't exist.

Vyacheslav, software developer in the Ready! API team

View solution in original post

somkant786
New Contributor

Hi,

I am using SoapUI 5.2.0 and facing the same issue, could you please help me ??

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Building with the Collaborator API

Help Documenation
The Collaborator API is a JSON-RPC API that lets you integrate with Collaborator 9.0 and above. For more information about how the API works, check out the API description here:

Sample Plugins
For an example of an add-in that uses the API, take a look at the Microsoft Word Add-in for Collaborator:

We list all the great plugins our network has already built on this page on the SmartBear website.