Forum Discussion

Jason_Miller
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Why is the manual test runner interface slow?

While trying to run a test set manually with the new interface we have noticed it is extremely slow compared to previous not so pretty interface.  I don't know what they did but every change you make to passing a test or failing the step the interface has to do its song and dance with the blue busy boxes.  I have had my network administrator observe the server in which this resides and there isn't anything that has alarmed him.  We have installed the latest patches as well recently which only improve speed during execution of a test set by 5%.

Has anyone been less than satisfied with the new test runner interface? Anyone have comments or can help me direct our net admin in the right direction on what to look for or possibly some setting in chrome and IE that might help this situation?

Thanks in advance.

Jason_Miller
    8 years ago

This was resolved with the latest update to 

Version:11.3
    Build:11.3.486

This was the solution

4 Replies

Nastya_Khovrina
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jason,

Please let us know the version of QAC which you use. We had some performance issues in QAC 11.1 after we had implemented new Test Runner. 

If you have the latest QAC version, which is 11.2.370 now, please open a new support ticket at: https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=ALMComplete. We will need to collect performance logs.

If you want to perform the upgrade, please fill in the pre-upgrade questionnaire and submit a support case at: https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=ALMComplete providing the filled out pre-upgrade questionnaire, thank you.

Anastasia
    Customer Care Team

Jason_Miller
      Occasional Contributor

We have:

Version:11.2
      Build:

I was notified by our net admin that he has sent in performance logs for this exact issue.  I was doing some background searching and help gathering in order to add to the effort to resolve this.

We shall see how they respond, hopefully it is sooner than later. Im not sure if you can see the ticket but its under the company either Tolt Solutions or Pomeroy.

Nastya_Khovrina
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Jason,

I have found the corresponding case in our database, please continue working on this issue there. To help us further investigate the issue, you can provide us with a video, which shows the process of running tests.You can use Jing, to record a video.

Anastasia
        Customer Care Team