Forum Discussion

BillW
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Release 11.6: Your users reaction to the UI facelit in 11.6 (Requirements & Defects pages)?

We're an On-Premise customer that recently upgraded QAComplete to 11.6 in our Test environment and I'm less than enthusiastic about the UI facelift to the Defects & Requirements page.  We think our users will even be less enthusiastic if we pursue the upgrade in our Prod environment, so we're thinking of holding off for now but at some point we'll have no choice.  

Just curious what overall feedback other QAComplete customers received from their users after having upgraded to 11.6?  Specifically the UI facelift to the Defects & Requirements pages.  

For SmarBear staff perusing the posts in this community; Could the feedback, whatever the concensus, help guide SmartBear's direction for future UI changes?  

Thanks

2 Replies

KENROSS
    New Contributor

We're SAAS customers and have had the enhanced UI in both requirements and defects (I believe as SAAS users we have no option).  Feedback has unfortunately not been good from our teams.  I'm concerned that test management will be updated to a similar UI in the near future.

BillW
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ken for taking the time to reply to my message and the kudo! 

I really thought this would have been a hot topic folks would have responded to (good or bad) in leaps and bounds but my expectations were not realized.  In reading some of the feedback of prior upgrades and based on my own perceptions, I had the impression folks were getting irritated with the changed UI direction, especially considering their first assault on the Test Runner page (which in my opinion still has issues). 

Regardless, thanks again for your feedback.

Bill