Forum Discussion

anmoldabra
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

QA Complete and TestComplete

I have installed TestComplete 11.31 and TestComplete 12 both.

When I call any test from QA complete, it will invoke TestComplete 12. Is there any option to configure of version where I can select which version to call ?

• Hi Anmol,

Unfortunately, you cannot choose a version of TestComplete which will be used for running automated tests. Test Agent chooses the latest installed version of TestExecute (TestComplete) to run automated tests. Also, note that an installed TestComplete (Test Execute) version should be supported by the current version of TestAgent.

So, if you have several versions of TestComplete installed, Test Agent will try to use them in the following sequence: TE12, TC12, TE 11, TC 11 and so on. 

JFYI, you can change test runners for other types of automated tests (Ready! API, NUnit, etc.) in the Advanced settings of Test Agent: Configuring the Test Agent.

1 Reply

Nastya_Khovrina
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Anmol,

Unfortunately, you cannot choose a version of TestComplete which will be used for running automated tests. Test Agent chooses the latest installed version of TestExecute (TestComplete) to run automated tests. Also, note that an installed TestComplete (Test Execute) version should be supported by the current version of TestAgent.

So, if you have several versions of TestComplete installed, Test Agent will try to use them in the following sequence: TE12, TC12, TE 11, TC 11 and so on. 

JFYI, you can change test runners for other types of automated tests (Ready! API, NUnit, etc.) in the Advanced settings of Test Agent: Configuring the Test Agent.