Forum Discussion

sheba0907
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Assigned to does not always display

When I click on the TESTS tab inside a test set, the assigned to does not display.

When I open one of the TESTS individually, the assigned to does display

When I Fast Edit and select my fields to display in the left nav, the assigned to does display

If I go to the test library & look at the tests, the assigned to does display

How do I "fix"?

Thanks!

• Hello Sheilagh!

The behavior you face is by design. Assignment inside Test Sets does not depend on the current assignee in the test. This is completely flexible. The "Assigned To" person for a test can differ from the person who is "Assigned to" for a Test Set. Likewise, the assignee on the Test Set may be the team member creating and organizing the Sets. The testers who run individual Tests within the test run can be different team members.

You can fill in the Assign To field manually as you need when editing a Test in a Test Set: http://screencast.com/t/Nfzo9ATj7O. For this:
    - start editing a Test Set;
    - go to the Tests tab and click Add or Edit Tests;
    - change the Assigned To field for a corresponding Test as you need.

1 Reply

Nastya_Khovrina
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Sheilagh!

The behavior you face is by design. Assignment inside Test Sets does not depend on the current assignee in the test. This is completely flexible. The "Assigned To" person for a test can differ from the person who is "Assigned to" for a Test Set. Likewise, the assignee on the Test Set may be the team member creating and organizing the Sets. The testers who run individual Tests within the test run can be different team members.

You can fill in the Assign To field manually as you need when editing a Test in a Test Set: http://screencast.com/t/Nfzo9ATj7O. For this:
    - start editing a Test Set;
    - go to the Tests tab and click Add or Edit Tests;
    - change the Assigned To field for a corresponding Test as you need.