Forum Discussion

Urs
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

QAComplete

Does QAComplete support Windows 10?

5 Replies

• Hello Urs,

Thank you for your post. QAComplete is offered as the SaaS solution and the standalone On-Premise installation package. The SaaS edition requires no investment in hardware and no specific IT resources. The only thing you need is a computer with one of these recommended browsers installed:
    - Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
    - Microsoft Edge
    - Mozilla Firefox
    - Google Chrome
    - Safari
    and a internet connection.

The On-Premise edition requires your own server, both on the hardware and software sides. For information on on-premises system requirements, please visit: https://support.smartbear.com/qacomplete/docs/administrator/on-premises/system-requirements.html.

Thank you and Best Regards,
    Christiane

Urs
      Occasional Contributor

Dear Christiane

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately there is no new information for me.

Actually we are using QAComplete as a on-premise solution.

In the mentioned link I can't find any information of supporting Windows 10 on the client site. Maybe I am blind.

However tests in practice showed me that with a Edge browser on a Windows 10 client QAComplete is working fine.

Since I have noticed that QAComplete has still problems with Umlaute (ü, ö, ä) I want to be sure that Windows 10 is supported. By the way the new release V11.9 should support Umlaute (ü, ö, ä) according to the  information I got from our local supporter.

Best regards

Urs

CGangloff

Hello Urs,

Thank you for your reply. For end-users using the QAComplete application, they just have to use one of the recommended browsers:

- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11

- Microsoft Edge

- Mozilla Firefox

- Google Chrome

- Safari

(Using the Edge browser on Windows 10 works fine)

QAComplete is not yet fully Unicode compliant. As you know we are in the process of deploying a new UI and by doing that we are getting more and more unicode support.

Urs, if you have any specific examples where the umlaute don't work, please submit a new support case here: https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=QAComplete with example screenshots of the entered and returned data and add my email address: Christiane.Gangloff@SmartBear.com in the CC Emails field so I can further investigate it for you.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Christiane

Urs
      Occasional Contributor

Hello

I want to know how our existing 10 concurrent user licenses for QAComplete are beeing used by our customers in the last 3 months.

How can I get this information?

Regards

Urs