Forum Discussion

cvback66
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Load Test Data Source Iterator Is not updating correctly in ReadyAPI 3.3.1

I have a LoadUI test with a single SoapUI scenario.  The SoapUI test has an Excel data source with the Load Testing options configured to use the data source as shared during LoadUI runs.  When I run the LoadUI test with multiple VUs, one record from the data source will be used by more than one VU.  It looks like the data source iterator is not incrementing correctly.  When the LoadUI load profile is configured to Fixed, all VUs will use the same record from the data source.

sonya_m
    4 years ago

Hi cvback66 !

I am happy to learn from the Support Case that the issue was resolved by using test case level custom properties.

For reference, let me provide the link that describes these properties:

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/loadui/configure/test-case.html

>>

Test Suite, Project, and Global properties are shared between all the virtual users. When you modify a property value in a test case, each virtual user will modify the value when simulating the test case. It causes the value to change multiple times during a load test, which leads to unpredictable behavior and errors.

<<

3 Replies

sonya_m
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi cvback66 ! This scenario should be working just fine in ReadyAPI 3.3.1!

So, I suggest contacting Support for conducting deeper investigation. Our team will require DataSource step settings, please provide them when raising the ticket. If it is possible to share your project with the Support Team, please do so too. Thank you.

cvback66
      New Contributor

I created a support ticket on 8/18/20 but haven't heard back yet.

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi cvback66 !

I am happy to learn from the Support Case that the issue was resolved by using test case level custom properties.

For reference, let me provide the link that describes these properties:

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/loadui/configure/test-case.html

>>

Test Suite, Project, and Global properties are shared between all the virtual users. When you modify a property value in a test case, each virtual user will modify the value when simulating the test case. It causes the value to change multiple times during a load test, which leads to unpredictable behavior and errors.

<<