Forum Discussion

NaveenVanapalli
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Threads sharing datasource scenarion is not working in LoadUING which worked earlier in SoapUIPro.

Hello,

Below is the similar scenario which we automated through SoapUIPro 5.1.2 an year back and the code is been working a day before in SoapUIPro where the license expired and we have installed ReadyAPI 1.8.0 with newer licenses.

Then we tried to execute the same load test code in ReadyAPI where it is not properly writing the results in to the result XLS.

The same code worked fine in "SOAPUI NG" window as functional and it writes the results into the result XLS file through DataSink but doesn't work from "LOADUI NG" (Non Pro version).

Objective of our load test -- Looking for sharing "AddressSearch" data source among the Users.

Scenriao as per SOAPUI PRO:

1. Users-Data source --> Using XLS file and from settings selected the check box "Sets to share the data source between running threads during a load test".

2. Login-Http test step

3. AddressSearch-Data source --> Using another XLS file and from settings selected the check box "Sets to share the datasource between running threads during a load test".

4. Search-Http test step

5. DataSink -- Writes the results in to the result XLS file -- From settings selected the check box "Sets to share this DataSink between running threads during a load test"

6. AddressSearch-DataSourceLoop

7. LogOut

8. Users-DataSourceLoop

Example: I am trying to explain the scenario as i set in SoapUIPro tool.

Threads -- 5

Users Data Source -- Set to 5 users in XLS file.

Address Data Source -- Set to 10 addresses in 2nd XLS file.

Thread-1 -- Uses "User1" -- Allocating 1st two Addresses from 2nd XLS file.

Thread-2 -- Uses "User2" -- Allocating next two Addresses from 2nd XLS file.

Thread-5 -- Uses "User5" -- Allocating last two Addresses from 2nd XLS file.

Expected: Like above scenario

Actual:

I have tried different ways selecting/unselecting sharing check box among threads from data sources and data sink steps but it doesn't work. So it writes the result XLS file as 1 user doing all 10 Addresses (or) writing only one row in the results XLS.

Thanks,

Naveen

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Naveen,

If you observe different behavior of the same scenario in SoapUI Pro and Ready API 1.8, that sounds as an issue in the latest version. Could you please contact our Customer Care Team for the investigation? 

NaveenVanapalli
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Tanya,

Thanks for your reply.

I have submitted the concern in the customer care and below is the case number for it.

Case #00184875: Threads sharing datasource scenarion is not working in LoadUING which worked earlier in SoapUIPro. Has Been Created

Thanks,

Naveen