Forum Discussion

adamaso
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Error - Unable to replace parameters.

Hi All!

I having trying to customize a request substituting  a parameter in  a JSON body request. I have been trying to use csv file, excel file, even a static variable. I continue receiving the below message: 

Unable to replace parameters. Error: Unable to change the parameter value,
because the variable value cannot be converted to a value of the parameter's type.

To solve the problem, use the appropriate data type and value for the variable.

Parameter: [Unnamed]\variable

This make me thing that the problem could be the replacement itself, like a string is been used rather than a number. Nevertheless, I am using numbers. Not sure if there is something else I am missing.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

5 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Not sure what exactly you are trying to do... Can you provide some screenshot(s) illustrating what you are trying to replace and with what? Considering message text, I would guess that some string value that cannot be converted to an integer is used.

adamaso
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex

The parameter indeed is a numeric value. I tried to substitute using the above options without luck. For my understanding, this should be a pretty straight forward parameterization. However, the tools is failing in doing it.

The parameter to be substituted is "ScanCode". It's using a number like this:

adamaso
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex

The parameter indeed is a numeric value. I tried to substitute using the above options without luck. For my understanding, this should be a pretty straight forward parameterization. However, the tools is failing in doing it.

The parameter to be substituted is "ScanCode". It's using a number like this:

The variable I have tried to substitute using:

*  Static variable 

* A entry from CSV file. The content of the file are the same type of values (80000000000X where X is a number).

* Even just substituting the last 4 characters in order to avoid a length issue (just substituting 0002 ).

Always, I get the same error:

I guess the trouble is that the parameter is marked as "number" and cannot accept a string. However, I don't see a way to change that.

adamaso
        Occasional Contributor

Does anyone has faced something similar?