Forum Discussion

VictorO
New Contributor
8 years ago

Could LoadComplete Actually Make UI Entries?

We already use TestComplete and are currently evaluating LoadComplete. For load testing, we are not so much interested in emulating web traffic - our primary focus is on generating app and DB processing load And that would require making actual UI entries. Of course, TestComplete could easily handle that task for a limited number of users - how about LoadComplete? Could VUs really do that (interact with UI), or we are looking for something that doesn't exist?

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

LoadComplete records http(s)/WebSocket traffic and replays it (with possible parameterization). LoadComplete does not and cannot interact with UI (click buttons, make selections, etc.).

But if you have some application that uses http to interact with the server and you record a traffic that is generated when, for example, a new user is created in the application, you can parameterize and replay this traffic on behalf of several virtual users. If recorded and parameterized correctly, this should result in several new users created by the server.

Does the above answer your question and fit into your scenario?

VictorO
      New Contributor
      Alex, thanks a lot for your reply. We record LC tests in parallel with corresponding TC scripts (using 'Create a Load Test From a TestComplete Test' feature). However, at this point we still unable to resolve an issue with LC access to our web application. In particular, while underlying TC test has no problems successfully logging in to the system, LC script consistently generates '401- Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials'. Again, this is a false alarm - and apparently the reason why we don't see any UI interaction. I'd greatly appreciate your comments on that access / login problem.
        AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

I feel sorry..., but I did not try TC-LC integration yet.

Without having any idea about your application and not seeing your LoadComplete project, I would:

-- First: double-check with developers whether login is performed via http or maybe some other protocol is used;

-- Try to record browser start and login sequence in LoadComplete manually, with not TestComplete code running. Analyze recorded traffic to understand how login is performed, in what request login credentials are sent to the server and what data server responds with (session id, cookie, etc.). Try to replay recorded traffic 'as is' and check if login succeeds. Then try to parameterize login credentials and check one more time. (Note, that depending on your application, either logout after first successful login, or some (manual) cleanup actions like cookie deletion may be required in order to prevent automatic login using previous login credentials.)