Forum Discussion

shane_manjunath
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

using findchild in table checkpoint

I was trying to use findchild in table checkpoint i.e the path of the table object can change in different builds so in order to avoid dependency i am trying to use something like this for the name of the table object

Sys.Process("Discovery.WinUI").WinFormsObject("frmMain").FindChild("Name",'Client("Data Panel")',10)

However if the table checkpoint passes in Build A it fails in Build B and viceversa as it is not able to identify the table object not sure why.

I understand there is some change in overall path of  'Client("Data Panel")' between build A and build B,however "Client("Data Pane") exists in both the builds so i dont know why testcomplete still complains that the object id cannot be found.Any pointers?

Eg :   Instead of doing this -   Page1.Page2.Page3.Page4.Page5.Client("Data Panel");

i am trying to use  Page1.Page2.FindChild("Name",'Client("Data Panel")',10)

so that if page 3 and page 4 changes in Build B the table checkpoint will still work.However this approach doesnt seem to work

1 Reply

NisHera
    Valued Contributor

did you tried by other properties...?

also check spaces in name

according to documentation ..........

• it is not recommended to use the Name property with FindChild; consider using other properties instead. For example, Name is a complex value that is composed of other properties, such as WndClass or WndCaption,