Forum Discussion

RajeshKalaivana
New Contributor
8 years ago

testexecute 11.31.2420.11 does not allow to load multiple instances of an application

Hi,

I was using 11.20 test execute for my execution for a test cases which will load multiple instances to test. When I tried to use 11.20 in Win10, I got frequent testexecute crash issue and today thought to upgrade that to latest version 11.31.2420.11. But, to my surprise it is not allowing to load multiple instances of same application[my test application] which was working until 11.20 without any option change. The message in the logfile is "There is (are)1 running instance (s) of <full app location>. New instances will not be lauched.". Can you please let me know if there is any option to make this work or do we need to revert to old version and is frequent crash of TE with Win10 is  a known issue and is there any solution to it. I am using Win10 in VM machine.

Regards,

Rajesh.K

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Under Tested Applications node in your project, when you edit your TestedApp, there's a "count" field. If this is set to "1" and you are using the TestedApps.<appname>.Run() method, it will only run a maximum number of instances of your application of "1". You need to set that count higher if you want to allow multiple instances.

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

I've never been able to have multiple instances of our application open at the same time without getting ambiguous recognition errors.  How do you avoid that?