Forum Discussion

Florian_Hofmann
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Visual Studio crashes when importing TC test

Hi everyone,

I'm using TestComplete 10.50 and Visual Studio 2013 Professional and trying to run a TC test from VS, following https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/87260/, section"Creating and Configuring a Test Project".

The following steps work fine so far:

• Launch Microsoft Visual Studio and create a new Visual Studio test project.

• In the Visual Studio Solution Explorer, add a new folder to your Visual Studio test project.

• Right-click the folder and select Open Folder in Windows Explorer from the context menu. This will open the folder you created in Windows Explorer.

• Place your TestComplete project suite files to the folder. (That's the *.pjs files, I guess)

• In Visual Studio Solution Explorer, add a new TestComplete 12 Test item to the folder.

But then

• Open the TestComplete 12 Test item you created in the editor and specify the path to your TestComplete project suite located in the new folder. -> VS crashes, saying something like "VS stopped working, searching for a solution", then restarts.

I'm a bit lost...can anyone help out please? Are those steps TC 12 only and won't work with TC 10? If so, whcih steps would I use? I remember the hole thing working out several months ago, but with a different VS edition (might this be causing problems?).

Thanks in advance,

Florian

Edit: Same happens if I follow the steps from https://support.smartbear.com/articles/testcomplete/testcomplete-and-team-build/, which is for TC 10 and VS 2013, i.e. slightly more appropriate for my constellation.

• Uh well, after all, deinstalling and reinstalling the Visual Studio 2013 Integration for TestComplete was all that was needed...should have thought of it a lot earlier :smileyembarrassed:

1 Reply

• Uh well, after all, deinstalling and reinstalling the Visual Studio 2013 Integration for TestComplete was all that was needed...should have thought of it a lot earlier :smileyembarrassed: