Forum Discussion

DanaRogo
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
8 years ago

Customer Q & A from our latest TestComplete 101, 201, 301 free Trainings

Hey TestComplete Community!  Below are some highlighted Q & A from customers like you who attended our SmartBear Academy for TestComplete.  We are sharing them here in hopes it may answer some of your questions as well!

Q: Does considering the width of the object hierarchy come into play when let's say, your web page expands either the length or width of your display? Or is it more about the size of the page itself?

A: No, it is based on the object tree and the number of containing items. A website with 100 nested frames will be 100 objects wide, for example.

Q: Whats happens if there are two objects that the search find?

A: It will return the first item that is found. FindAll method will return an array of all items.

Q.How to identify that a word is highlighted with particular color (say yellow)or not.

A: Unless the color of the word is a property of the object you would need to use a Region Checkpoint to verify an image of the object.

Q: What is the key shortcut you used for adding the Find Child method?

A: Ctrl-J will bring up code snippets.

Q: In FindChildEx if we don't mention the time will it wait for infinite time ?

A: It will use the default timeout.

Q: If I have Test Visualizer on, and I record a test, when I play back are the Test Images updated?

A: They won't be updated by default, but they can by going to Tools > Current Project Properties > Visualizer, then select "auto-update frames during the run".

Q: Can we switch between KeyWord Test and Scripting test for the same project?

A: Scripts and Keyword tests can be included in the same project. Also, Keyword tests can be converted to script after if needed.

Q: Can I insert a dynamic assertion? For example run a query against the database and verify that value displayed on the UI correctly?

A: Yes, the checkpoint can be made to compare to a variable. This short video goes over how to do it: Changing a Property Checkpoint to use a Variable instead of a hard-coded value: http://screencast.com/t/FetRjFFJ

Q: if the size of the browser is resized what will happen to the click property

A: TestComplete creates an object-based recording, so in general tests should continue to work on other window sizes or screen resolutions.

Q: Can you convert the recorded steps into scripts so you can edit it later?

A: Yes, this can be done by right-clicking on the Keyword test and selecting "Convert to Script"

Feel free to reach out to either myself or Christina; CLowe for any future training topic requests, feedback, or questions.  

No RepliesBe the first to reply