Forum Discussion

TanyaYatskovska
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
11 years ago

Community Experts

The Community Expert group is a prestige group of community members that know SmartBear products like the back of their hands and are always ready to answer any questions. SmartBear Experts are volunteers – they do not work in SmartBear. However, Experts get many benefits from SmartBear, as well as well-known recognition in the Community and in social media. 

You can find the full list of the community experts on the page below. Note that the list is regularly updated.

Do you want to become an Expert?

It’s easy – each community member can join the Expert group. Pay attention to the following several factors that our Community Managers take into account when inviting members to join the Expert group:

1. Big number of Kudos and posts
  2. Highly-skilled usage of at least one of the SmartBear product
  3. Willingness to help others

10 Replies

TanyaYatskovska

Meet our Community Expert - Phil Baird

Phil is part of our community since 2013. Thanks to his continuous activity and the willingness to learn TestComplete, in less than a year, he earned a high reputation and became a Community Expert!

Phil has a great background in testing and developing, and now he works as Technical Test Analyst with Arc Innovations, which is a leading provider of smart power meters in New Zealand. Here is what he wrote about his position:

I first started using Test Complete a little over a year ago in Arc Innovations. The system I am testing involves Oracle/SOA technologies, MongoDB, a JQuery/Bootstrap Browser front end as well as plenty of depositing files via SFTP and testing updating of the various repositories upon file processing. Test Complete is vital in our automated testing as it offers the full breadth of testing capabilities not available with other test tools.

SmartBear Skills: TestComplete

Let’s welcome Phil!

TanyaYatskovska

Meet our Community Expert - Alexei Karas 

Alexei joined the SmartBear Community in 2003 to learn AQtime. Later, he started learning TestComplete and Automated Build Studio. Perhaps, even right now he is playing with some other SmartBear products :)

This is how Alexei describes his first encounter with SmartBear products:

It was more than a decade ago when I was looking for some tool to check for the memory leaks. I was developing an application running as a service and wanted to ensure that it would not require being restarted every day or so. The tool I found was MemProof by TotalQA, which at that time was transformed to AutomatedQA Corp. At the same time, AutomatedQA had an open Beta for AQtime. AQtime seemed to be the product more suitable for my needs as it supported profiling of the C/C++/C++Builder applications and services, so I joined the Beta. Great times... and the great support from Philippe Ranger. The quality of Support has never lowered since that time. Later, I participated in Betas for AQtest (that later became TestComplete) followed by AQtime.Net, AQdevTeam, AutomatedBuildStudio...

Alexei earned more than 2800 Reputation points so far. And, he’s keeping learning new SmartBear products, helping community members and sharing his experience.

SmartBear Skills: TestComplete, AQtime, Automated Build Studio, LoadUIWeb

Please join me in welcoming Alexei getting into the Community Expert group! 

TanyaYatskovska

Meet our Community Expert – Gena Alpaev

Gena joined the SmartBear Community in 2006. He was always a fan of TestComplete - Gena even wrote several TestComplete tutorials in different languages – TestComplete Tutorial and TestComplete Cookbook. Currently, Gena is a professional TestComplete trainer. Here is how he describes what he is working on:

Since 2011, I have been running online and on-site courses on TestComplete and testing automation for independent students and companies. I also actively participate in different forums helping others solve problems as fast as possible. The main principles I follow in my training are simplicity and brevity, especially when explaining complex things.

Gena earned more than 1700 Reputation points so far. And, he’s actively participating in different forum discussions. Check them here.

SmartBear skills: TestComplete

Please join me in congratulating Gena!

TanyaYatskovska

Robert Martin – a new Community Expert

Robert has a long history in our community. He joined us ~15 years ago when learning AQtest – the first TestComplete version. Thanks to his active participation in our newsgroups in the middle of 00s, Robert became a member of TeamAQA – the group of AutomatedQA product professionals (later, AutomatedQA was renamed SmartBear).

Robert is a software tester right now, and here is what it means to him:

It means that I see my job as doing my best to make sure that, before an end user receives the software developed by whatever company I call home, I've done my best to shake out all possible problems with the application.  It does what it is supposed to do and doesn't do anything it's not supposed to do and it does it in a way so that the user wants to keep using it.

SmartBear Skills: TestComplete

Welcome back, Robert!

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

I'm back.  I had a job change since the last time so it took a while for me to get back around to reconnecting... but, here I am!

TanyaYatskovska

Hi Robert,

Welcome back, again :)

We have been waiting for you.

TanyaYatskovska

Meet our first SoapUI Expert - Mark Lehky.

Mark L.png

Mark has been working with test automation in multiple industries since 1999, mostly testing back-end server processes. It was natural to move into testing APIs and starting to use SoapUI around 2010. This was the time when Mark joined the SoapUI community.

He blogs at http://siking.wordpress.com and keeps in touch via http://linkedin.com/in/marklehky. In 2014, he was one of the primary authors, along with Ole Lensmar, of SoapUI's "API Testing Dojo" http://soapui.org/dojo .

He currently lives in Las Vegas and spends as much time as possible riding his motorcycle.

SmartBear Skills: SoapUI