Forum Discussion

jferreira
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

update recorded tests after enabling extended silverlight object tree

Hi!

I'm testing a desktop application that has an internal web server and some features have been developed on a mix of Html and Silverlight.

I've already recorded a few hundred tests, but now I came across a feature that uses a ComponentOne grid on Silverlight. After several atempts to control the grid, the only solution a found was to turn on the 'Extended Silverlight object tree' option on the project properties and access the grid via script.

The problem is that now all the recorded tests before turning on the 'Extended Silverlight object tree' are no longer working because the Silverlight objects 'path' has changed and TestComplete is no longer capable of recognizing it!

So, my question is if there is a way to update that 'path' other than having to re-record all those tests again.

Thank's!

1 Reply

YuriPeshekhonov
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

This option determines how TestComplete presents the object hierarchy in Silverlight applications. Since the tests were recorded with the different object hierarchy, they do not work. It's expected. 

I'm afraid there is not quick way to update the existing tests so they use the new object hierarchy.