Forum Discussion

g_udayas
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago
Solved

Working with Internet Explorer 9 to download and save a file.

HI All,

I'm working on automating a Web application using Test Complete 9.10. In my application, I have a scenario which is to open a report, and save the report in the local machine.

I'm using IE 9 and when I tried to save the report, I'm not able to capture the UI for IE's save dialog which is visible in the bottok of the IE screen. 

I have attached the screenshot showing the issue Im facing. Here Im trying to capture the save button object.

Please help me on how to work on the IE 9 save file dialog.

Thanks,

Udhay.

• Hi Udhay,

Currently, the only way to test a new download manager in IE 9 is to use the MSAA technology. You need to add the "DirectUIHWND" class to the MSAA settings. Please read the "Project Properties - MSAA Options" article for details.

BTW, we have a suggestion to implement special support for the manager in our DB, and your request has increased its rating. Thanks.

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Udhay,

Currently, the only way to test a new download manager in IE 9 is to use the MSAA technology. You need to add the "DirectUIHWND" class to the MSAA settings. Please read the "Project Properties - MSAA Options" article for details.

BTW, we have a suggestion to implement special support for the manager in our DB, and your request has increased its rating. Thanks.

g_udayas
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Thanya.,

Thanks for your reply. The solution seems to be working fine.

Thanks,

Udhay.