bwennekes
New Contributor
7 years ago
Implemented

Saving without property values

To extend the composite project functionality and improve the way ReadyAPI’s XML-files can be version controlled I would like an option to save without property values. Ideally this option can be enabled/disabled for properties defined at Test Step, -Case, -Suite and -Project level with a checkbox.

Currently there is only the option to ‘discard values on save’, which is only available on Test Step level. Discarding values on save can be quite cumbersome if you need the values making changes/corrections while still wanting to save often. This could mean that you need to rerun the whole project after a change is saved, which in my case may take more than half an hour.

At this time I’m still using the ‘discard values on save’ option by lack of alternatives. This also means that all properties in the project must be defined at step level, the only place where this option is available. This in turn means we cannot use functionality like the ‘Run Test Case’ Test Step as this uses properties on Test Case level, which is a real shame.

In my opinion just running and saving the ReadyAPI project should not change the project XML. As this currently does happen it creates hundreds of changes and merge conflicts without any functional changes in the ReadyAPI project.

13 Comments