Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrossBrowserTesting - Record and Replay for Uploading File tests

Highlighted
New Contributor

CrossBrowserTesting - Record and Replay for Uploading File tests

Dear CBT support team,

As my investigation, Safari and MS Edge driver does not support for Upload File testing so that I want to find another option to test this functionality.

Could you please confirm if Record and Replay can help? I created script using Record and Replay and see that we have step Upload a file: file_example_JPG_100kB.jpg

I'm not clear how this step works, where the file should be located and is there any way to share a file from local machine so that the script can get the file each running correctly.

Thanks for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
Occasional Contributor

Re: CrossBrowserTesting - Record and Replay for Uploading File tests

@vinpn wrote:

Dear CBT support team,

As my investigation, Safari and MS Edge driver does not support for Upload File testing so that I want to find another option to test this functionality.

Could you please confirm if Record and Replay can help? I created script using Record and Replay and see that we have step Upload a file: file_example_JPG_100kB.jpg

I'm not clear how this step works, where the file should be located and is there any usps tracking way to share a file from local machine so that the script can get the file each running correctly.

Thanks for any help!

I also need help with the same. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Shane

Community Hero

Re: CrossBrowserTesting - Record and Replay for Uploading File tests

Hi Shane,

Are you talking about file uploading via the browser's dialog using Selenium/Appium?

If you are, then this is not possible because Selenium/Appium can interact with web pages only and have no access at all to the regular dialogs provided by browser/operating system.

In order to implement file upload using Selenium/Appium you should look for the workaround that is applicable to your situation (e.g. direct post message or direct assignment of file full path to the relevant text field).

Regards,
Alex
[Community Expert Group]
____
[Community Expert Group] members are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Postings made by [Community Expert Group] members
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
[Community Expert Group] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
http://smartbear.com/forums/f83/t86934/community-experts/
================================