Forum Discussion

vinpn
New Contributor
5 years ago

CrossBrowserTesting - Record and Replay for Uploading File tests

Dear CBT support team,

As my investigation, Safari and MS Edge driver does not support for Upload File testing so that I want to find another option to test this functionality.

Could you please confirm if Record and Replay can help? I created script using Record and Replay and see that we have step Upload a file: file_example_JPG_100kB.jpg

I'm not clear how this step works, where the file should be located and is there any way to share a file from local machine so that the script can get the file each running correctly.

Thanks for any help!

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    ShaneP
    Occasional Contributor

vinpn wrote:

Dear CBT support team,

As my investigation, Safari and MS Edge driver does not support for Upload File testing so that I want to find another option to test this functionality.

Could you please confirm if Record and Replay can help? I created script using Record and Replay and see that we have step Upload a file: file_example_JPG_100kB.jpg

I'm not clear how this step works, where the file should be located and is there any usps tracking way to share a file from local machine so that the script can get the file each running correctly.

Thanks for any help!

I also need help with the same. Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Shane

AlexKaras
      Champion Level 3

Hi Shane,

Are you talking about file uploading via the browser's dialog using Selenium/Appium?

If you are, then this is not possible because Selenium/Appium can interact with web pages only and have no access at all to the regular dialogs provided by browser/operating system.

In order to implement file upload using Selenium/Appium you should look for the workaround that is applicable to your situation (e.g. direct post message or direct assignment of file full path to the relevant text field).