cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Refused Error setting up Local Connection

Community Hero

Connection Refused Error setting up Local Connection

So, time for me to participate in another SmartBear online community. :-)

We're ramping up to use CrossBrowser Testing for some manual UI validations in our company.  We're set up to use the Chrome extension for the local connection to test applications in development.  However, when we try to start the local connection, we're getting the error as indicated in the screenshot.  We're working on troubleshooting but was curious if anyone had any hints or ideas as to what could possibly be causing this error.  Our initial guess is that our firewall is locking down certain ports but I want to cover all our bases.

localconnectionerror.png

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: Connection Refused Error setting up Local Connection

Welcome to the CBT Community, Robert Smiley Happy

I think you have already explored the product documentation. I just want to make sure that you read this:

How do I troubleshoot issues with my Local Connection?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Join the September Hub-bub to show off, learn and win
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Connection Refused Error setting up Local Connection

Thanks, @TanyaGorbunova ! 

I have our security team checking the firewall and seeing if there is anything that needs to change on their end.  I'll keep y'all updated.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
SeptemberNews
Join the September Hub-bub to show off, learn and win