Forum Discussion

skiingyac
New Contributor
6 years ago

git version control server not sync'ing?

I have a git verson control server configured, and the "test connection" works OK.  If I go to that directory and do a pull as the collaborator server's user, I can... but when I try to upload diffs for a specific commit, it only works if the commit has already been pulled locally...  how do I get collaborator to checkout / fetch that commit automatically?  Or are we expected to write a cron job or similar to keep the local repo sync'd?

2 Replies

skiingyac
      New Contributor

That is already enabled.  If that isn't enabled, I don't think the feature even shows up or is disabled (I forget which)... we had to turn it on to get to where we're at.  But it is a mystery to us as to why it isn't willing to attempt to fetch the commit remotely.  Fixing this would be great.  We actually have a lot of unrelated problems with version 11.4 that are much more severe (diffs not showing up, or showing up incorrectly), but those at least we are aware of and can work around by refreshing or "fiddling"... This seems to have no real work around to get it to work right.