Forum Discussion

cscooper
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Why does the collaborator GUI not work after a reboot?

When I install the Code Collaborator GUI on my Windows 10 machine, it works beautifully - until I reboot.  After a reboot, if I run Collaborator Client GUI from the Start menu, the cursor goes into thinking mode and I see the app appear in the Task Manager, and then it disappears and nothing further happens.  No GUI no nothing.  Same thing if I run Collaborator Tray Notifier from the Start menu.

This is a Windows 10 machine running inside Parallels on a Mac, which does tend to make things strange.  Running Collaborator GUI version 11.2.11200, 64-bit.

LATER: Apparently if you say "No, I don't want the tray notifier" during the installation, you can never get the GUI to work.  Agreeing to the tray notifier is sufficient to get the GUI to work after reboot.

1 Reply

OlegB
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi cscooper,

When GUI client or Tray Notifier is executed, it tries to load the existing configuration. It looks like something goes wrong during this process.

Find the <.smartbear> folder under your Windows account's folder in the "C:\Users" directory, rename it to <.smartbear-copy>, and try to run the GUI client using the administrator privileges (right-click it and select run as "administrator").

If the issue still persists check whether the command-line client fails too:

1. Open your command prompt.

2. Change the directory to the one where the Collaborator client is installed and execute the "collab login" command.

If it fails, share the output.