Forum Discussion

johnmcdraper
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Tell me more about ical

The new ical feature looks interesting and has promise, but I can't find documentation on it.   (http://codecollaborator.smartbear.com/docs/manual/10.0/index.html)

- I see I can send a meeting request in the participants field.   is this the only place to use it?   I'd love to see it as a custom field (i.e. - Review meeting, or Overview meeting scheduled).  

- I'm having a time problem.   I sent an ical meeting for 10a-11a.   But half the people got the invite for 9a-10a instead.  We're all at the same company & location, and should have the same outlook settings.  If it were an hour ahead, I would say someone has DST on.   Any thoughts, or anyone else see this?

Thanks gang.

• Hi,

Please refer to the "Sending Calendar Notifications" Help topic. It looks like it works only in the Participants section indeed.

As for iCal meetings for different time periods, I think that if you compare the calendar invitations' source, they should be identical. Rather, there should be some difference in operating systems. I think it has to be related to different time zones somehow. For example, Moscow time zone used to be in GMT+4, but then it changed to GMT+3. In Windows, this change was applied as a part of one of Microsoft updates. However, my old smartphone never received such an update.

1 Reply

• Hi,

Please refer to the "Sending Calendar Notifications" Help topic. It looks like it works only in the Participants section indeed.

As for iCal meetings for different time periods, I think that if you compare the calendar invitations' source, they should be identical. Rather, there should be some difference in operating systems. I think it has to be related to different time zones somehow. For example, Moscow time zone used to be in GMT+4, but then it changed to GMT+3. In Windows, this change was applied as a part of one of Microsoft updates. However, my old smartphone never received such an update.