Ask a Question

Migration of user accounts to new machine?

davem
New Contributor

Migration of user accounts to new machine?

I've been playing with Collaborator off and on.  I had v10.2.10200 installed, and wanted to move it to another machine and run v13.  I first upgraded the old machine to v13 and then copied the collaborator-content-cache folder to the new machine.  But when I tried to log in on the new machine, it didn't recognize my credentials.

I suppose that the user accounts are stored elsewhere (I'm not using LDAP, this is just a very basic test installation), but the only information I can find online mentions copying the collaborator-content-cache folder.

Can anyone please tell me how I can get my existing user account on the old machine migrated?

code monkey
2 REPLIES 2
OlegB
Staff

Re: Migration of user accounts to new machine?

Hi @davem 

All the users, review, and configuration data is stored in the database. If you want to copy this data to a new machine, you will need to migrate it:

https://support.smartbear.com/collaborator/docs/server/admin-tasks/backup.html

Note: the data can't be migrated partially. 

Note: the migration dump file can only be restored to a completely empty database. 

Regards,
Oleg Beriashvili
Technical Support Engineer
davem
New Contributor

Re: Migration of user accounts to new machine?

I did migrate the db data according to that page prior to posting my question -- it didn't seem to work.  Is there a way to debug this by reviewing logs?

code monkey
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: