Forum Discussion

sector007
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

How to change the hostname of Collaborater Server and Oracle Server

Hi,

For standardization purposes, my organization is changing the hostnames of various servers.  

As an example:

"server1" will be changed to "CollabServer"

"server2" will be changed to "CollabOracle"

In Linux, I can change the hostnames just fine without any issues.  However, where do I make the changes in Collaborator so that it will point to the new server name and new Oracle Server name?

I did a search in all the text files in the Collaborator directory and I didn't find any configuration files.

• Never mind, I figured it out.

For Linux, the configuration files were in the <installation folder of collaborator>/tomcat/conf/<hostname>

2 Replies

sector007
    New Contributor

Never mind, I figured it out.

For Linux, the configuration files were in the <installation folder of collaborator>/tomcat/conf/<hostname>

yimy
      Community Manager

Hi,

Yes, the file that you will need to modify is ROOT.xml, which is located under <installation folder of collaborator>/tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml

In the file, you will need to modify the database string connection, espefically the url address.

You may also need to go to "Admin > Settings (tab)" and modify the url in the "External URL:" field. That field(url) is included in the email notifications.

Lastly, you will need to inform other users to update the URL they are currently using in the Client applications to access/connect to the Collaborator server application.

Thanks!