Forum Discussion

philmarsay
New Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Collaborator client remembering old username..?

I am having a problem with the collaborator client caused in part by me previously running a trial account of collaborator (cloud hosted).

During that trial, the username I used was "phil". 

I am now using the self-hosted version and my user name on that is "Philm". The client seems to be holding on to "phil" as the username, no matter how often I try to change it. 

I have even fully uninstalled the client and reinstalled it and it still manages to remember it.

This is a pain because everytime I try to create a review from the SVN plugin, it prompts 3 times for a password and fails authentication because the user name is wrong. It then gives me the link to the preferences where I can change it and the client will then connect.

• Yes actually - my colleague found the answer completely by accident!

Right click a file in SVN, and go to Show Log. Right click any log entry and then whilst holding down CTRL click the Create Code Collaborator Review option.

That will pop up a dialog where you can (re)enter your user details.

That should sort it!

Hope this helps - it is/was an enfuriating problem!

Phil

2 Replies

dbetlow
    New Contributor

Ever figure this out?   Having same issue.  User's lastname was change due to marriage, so username changed as well.

philmarsay
      New Contributor

Yes actually - my colleague found the answer completely by accident!

Right click a file in SVN, and go to Show Log. Right click any log entry and then whilst holding down CTRL click the Create Code Collaborator Review option.

That will pop up a dialog where you can (re)enter your user details.

That should sort it!

Hope this helps - it is/was an enfuriating problem!

Phil