Forum Discussion

rajan
New Contributor
7 years ago

During playback of a recorded script, we observe click action is performed in a different element

During playback of a recorded script, we observe that the click action is performed in a different element than what was intended. The script involves accessing a simple web application with a login screen wherein the user credentials are entered and then login button is pressed. However, during play back, we observe that the page is loaded successfully, the credentials are entered suitably however instead of clicking the login button, it hovers around login and then to another element on top of the screen and then lands in a hyperlink element which is then invoked. This results the script to fail. request your advice to help resolve this problem. Many Thanks,

2 Replies

• The first thing to try is to adjust the Match Options of the Event in error. BY default they are set to 'Optimized. Try using Intensive instead. This may allow the script to find the element correctly on the page.

If that doesn't work you can try using JavaScript Validation to submit the form. On the page in question, inspect the form element and you can create a simple submit JavaScript entry like the one below:

document.getElementById("myForm").submit();

rajan
      New Contributor

Thank you so much for your feedback. I did not see Match Options in my Dejaclick recorder console. I am using Chrome browser to record my scripts. let me try the java script recommendation and share feedback. Thanks,