Forum Discussion

hellje01
New Contributor
7 years ago

SoapUI Monitor - Disable decompression setting

I'm working with a SoapUI Test Case monitor, and one of the things I'm trying to validate is that our web server is sending back gzipped content. To that end, I'm checking for the existence and value of the "content-encoding" HTTP header using the Groovy Scripting. The challenge is that the Ready API TestRunner on the server doesn't appear have the "Disable Response Decompression" preference checked by default. Therefore, the response is decompressed and the "content-encoding" HTTP header isn't present when my script checks for it.

I've tried to use the Groovy Setup Script to try to set it as follows:

import com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI
import com.eviware.soapui.settings.HttpSettings

SoapUI.settings.setBoolean(HttpSettings.DISABLE_RESPONSE_DECOMPRESSION, true)

However that wasn't successful, presumably because the checkbox when checked through the preferences says it requires a Ready API restart.

Is there any way to script that setting, or enable it for the Test Case when it runs on the AlertSite servers?

I've found reference to being able to pass in a settings file via command line to the TestRunner with the -t flag, is there some way to tap into that on the AlertSite server?

1 Reply

• It is not possible to make these changes on the Remote Servers at AlertSite. You may be better served asking the SoapUI Team how this can be done in TestRunner 1.9 if possible. If you can get it working in TestRunner, it will work at the AlertSite Remote Locations, as long as there are no dependencies and no external references as they do not import with the packed project file.