Forum Discussion

dwynne
New Contributor
15 years ago

No File Name Information Found

We are new users to AQTime. I used the evaluation version to find a bottleneck in one of our programs so we licensed the program.  On another program a large portion of the time is shown as "No File Name Information Found" . Does this mean this time is spent in system calls / DLLs or other routines? Or perhaps I have not pointed at all the source code correctly or AQTime does not understand what is included in the (Delphi) main program?

Also in the instrumentation step right before the service starts it lists a lot of routines that are "too small" to instrument and several that show "unsafe code".  Any way to get AQTime to profile all the code so I can (again) find the bottleneck?

Thanks

1 Reply

• Hello Dennis,

>>> On another program a large portion of the time is shown as "No File Name Information Found"

This message means that there is no file name information for the selected element (the one selected in the Report panel) in debug information generated for the profiled application. If this message is shown for one of routines in your source code, make sure that you configured your project according to the "Compiler Settings for Borland Delphi" help topic.

>>> lot of routines that are "too small" to instrument and several that show "unsafe code".

Refer to the "Routines That Cannot Be Profiled" help topic to learn how to deal with such code.