Forum Discussion

gbriggs
New Contributor
10 years ago

How to profile a VB script with AQtime

I'd like to profile a VB script with AQtime.  When I try to add the .vbs file to the Module list on the AQtime Setup panel I get the message "The following modules do not have debug info or were renamed or removed from the disk."

However, I can debug the script in Visual Studio if I start from a command prompt using "wscript.exe //d //x ScriptName", so I presume the debug info is there.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit.  Could this be the problem?

Is there any way around this?

Thanks,

Geoff

6 Replies

gbriggs
    New Contributor
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm running AQtime Pro 7.30

Geoff

gbriggs
    New Contributor
    Hi Alex,

Thanks for your suggestion.  I had already looked at that and it doesn't really help.

It actually says in there "To profile a script file, add it to the list of profiled modules in AQtime’s Setup panel." but this is where I have the problem.  I add the script file to the list, but receive the error message about the debug info.

On the "Profiling Scripts - Prerequisites" page it says "
    The script profiling feature requires that the Windows Script component be installed. "  But when I go to the "Microsoft Download Centre" I only see Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP, Server 2003 or 2000.  Does this no longer apply to Windows 7?

Thanks,

Geoff

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Geoff,

>  I only see Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP, Server 2003 or 2000.

I did not try it with 64-bit OSes, but it is my understanding that yes, you must install this component even despite that fact that it is no longer supported.

Note, that as this component is 32-bit (isn't it?), you must install 32-bit version of AQtime. I don't think this is a big issue as it is my guess that VBScript engine is still 32-bit even on 64-bit OS.
    gbriggs
    New Contributor
    Hi Alex,

If I try to install the downloaded file (Scripten.exe) I immediately receive a Setup Error - "Not enough storage is available to process this command."

I'm pretty sure this is nothing to do with disc space.